09 March 2011

i am an adult? i have to chaperone children?

someone donated tickets to the rodeo for all my students. wow. generous. AND each student/group got a set number of tickets to go on some rides at the carnival section. despite being exhausted and a partial zombie since mardi gras... i picked myself up from my bootstraps (but wore tennis shoes) and joined in the rodeo fun.

i had a stellar group of 5 sophomores who as veteran rodeo-ites were ready and willing to show me the ropes. it was an adventure to say the least





ah. new life.
slash this made me think of the wisconsin state fair (i have found some odd similarities between wisconsin and TX).
this is a new chick! we got to watch it hatch.













his name is spanky.














this is my group. so brave before the ride. this what was quiet the whip-around.














yehaw.
look at them being thrown around!







ok. i will admit that this is a little bit rude. 
i mean i just snapped a photo of a random family.
i didnt ask them.
and i made it look like i was having glare issues while typing on my phone
but..

look at this little texas family. note the kids are matching. all are in boots. belts. hats and jeans. and the ma and pa are holding hands. 


all in all it was a great day.

the total vomit count was 3 students. such is life.

deep in the heart of texas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment