20 July 2011

life is short but sweet for certain.

So life really has been grand as of late.

I had an adventure to Chicago.. I was there for a Cristo Rey Network Conference. It focused on teaching the curriculum. It was AWESOME to sit down and really think about how/what I want to accomplish in my art class for next year. It was also a bit overwhelming but fun at the same time.


We went to a roof top bar and snapped this picture of the city!


I was able to meet some of the new teachers and hang out with them in an awesome city.

Shout out to Loyola University dorms... they were AWESOME. Huge and spacious.

I also had the blessing of being a hop, skip and a jump away from home. So I flew in and out of Milwaukee for this trip.

On Wednesday of the week I got to see RICHIE! my favorite brother. He's been working in Miami a lot recently but I got lucky and was in Chicago at the same time he was! So we grabbed dinner and walked like a million miles (from my campus to his work, back towards my campus for dinner and then to his place). It was so fun to see him!


Then on Thursday... SUPRISE... the WHOLE Niemer family was together in Chicago. My parents surprised me (I knew my mom was coming... but not my dad)! And we all went out to dinner and hung out. It was truly magical!
Sweet.  This is the fam at my parents hotel!

So all in all it was a great trip... and then my parents and I took the train back to MKE!
My mom was a "truck horse" as my dad calls it.

best dad ever.

And now I am back in good old H-town... where work is hectic BUT I am headed off to Dis-O in Pinehurst, TX tomorrow!

On another note... I made this out of dollar bill....

Armadillo... or a texas speed bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment