15 May 2012

JohnG Comes to Houston

For a whole great week, my dad came to Houston! We did all sorts of things but we mostly did a special ceramics unit with my students.

We got REALLY lucky as a lot of things were donated to us...  the clay and kiln use by Saint Thomas High School. The tools and the glaze by my brother AND my dad's time and talents (and all the numerous last minute items that we needed).

So happy!

Mackenzie working the wheel.... in heels!



Some students got messier than others.

But all of them love being in pictures!

This guy should teach classes more often!
And we even went to the art car museum.... my new obsession!
And a visit to Houston can only be complete by  riding the bull at Rebels Honky Tonk! 
 How many of you can say you got your dad to ride a bull?


All in all it was the MOST marvelous week. I feel so lucky to have a dad that would just fly down to Houston to hang out with me and my students. Working with clay can be so many things... messy, invigorating, dusty, creative, chaotic and peaceful... we really are lucky ducks!


No comments:

Post a Comment