07 April 2011

behold god beholding you and smiling..

just a shout out to my roommate (emily) who did a community night that got us all writing affirmations for eachother. she also told us that it could be a time to write something about the relationship/feedback.. i can't think of the right phrase for this... but she said something along the lines of sometimes its easier to talk to someone about something when its through the lens of love...

she then hung them in our room yesterday.

last night i picked one at random and read it.

now i am not going to say who its from... but as always affirmations are nice to read and hear.. this one was particularly pleasant because it was simple and sweet. and reminded me that some friendships just work. and for that i am lucky.



some other random thoughts on this.... when i wrote mine i wrote it under the idea of "BDG" which is a game my highscool friends and i sometimes play when we come together. 

its really simple. you share one "brag" one "deisre" and one "gratitude"

this gave me an outline for my community notes as all my community mates have many things to
brag about. 
long for. 
and remind me why i am thankful to live with them for a year!



final thought... 
the title of my blog is what the front of our affirmations read. 
behold god beholding you and smiling. 



its from Anthony de Mello. 

like (facebook style). 

No comments:

Post a Comment