01 November 2010

Hungry... Why wait....

Eat some of this Peanut Sauce Pasta...

A week or so ago I made a dish for my community and now weeks later I can finally say that I didnt kill anyone with my cooking... we did have some upset stomach issues (including me picking up a vomiting roommate from work) but it was all attributed to other causes.

phew false alarm.

Alas... I thought Id share this gem of a  recipe with my viewing community.. (yes, all three of you who I could have just emailed but some day when there is like big Vesuvius-like volcano that wipes out a majority of the population someone will stumble upon my blog years and have a testimony of what it is like to be me and can make this dish).

And bonus... it is vegetarian! 

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)

Ingredients

  • 1/2  cup  fat-free, vegetable broth
  • 1/4  cup  chunky peanut butter
  • 1/4  cup  low-sodium soy sauce
  • 3  tablespoons  brown sugar
  • 2  tablespoons  rice vinegar
  • 2  teaspoons  grated peeled fresh ginger
  • 2  teaspoons  chile paste with garlic
  • 4  garlic cloves, minced
  • 8  ounces  uncooked fettuccine (I used penne pasta but any kind will do!)
  • 1  pound  firm tofu, drained and cubed ( I like to cut it into very small cubes... but then you should make extra sauce so that it can be absorbed by all the Tofu surface area!)
  • 1  cup  (2-inch) sliced green onions
  • 1  cup  shredded carrot
You can also add in other vegetables... my favorite is SNAP PEAS!

Preparation

Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently.  Add in Tofu just before removing from heat.  Stir in so the tofu is coated in the sauce. Remove from heat.
Cook pasta in boiling water as directed.  Add vegetables drain (I add the vegetables later so that they are firm). Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss gently.



Nom Nom... as Cara, one of my casa mates, would say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment