17 November 2010

the book of awesome...

My friend Julie has this as her gchat status a while back.. it's a blog I certainly love.  Going off the idea of Thanksgiving/ being thankful etc.  I thought I might start my own list of things that are awesome... (which probably means they are things that I am grateful for too).

  • The sound of rain from inside a tent.
    • this weekend I went camping with 10 Cristo Rey Jesuit Students! It was fantastic and pictures are sure to come (whenever I get my act together) ... but it rained on Friday night and I certainly enjoyed the sound of the pitter patter on my tent.
  • MOVEMBER
    • kudos to Richie and his whole Movember Crew.. What is more impressive than the fact that these "men" have chosen to grow out their staches... is the hilarious chain of emails they send!
  • intergenerational dancing
    • this one is taken straight for the Book of Awesome blog but it is something I truly love.  I don't know if there is anything better than busting a move with my mom.  
    • Little Flashback: I'm at my cousin Mariah's wedding... this is probably my first experience with "screwdrivers"  
    • Anywho... next thing I know my dad is making BOTH my mother and I have a "time out" since we clonked heads on the dance floor. 
  • The 5 second rule
    • The other day a two waffles fell on the floor from our freezer (sorry tess) my immediate response was to start counting down from 5 and I dove to the floor.  As I did this another waffle fell to the floor.  Emily's response was to dive for it... but her attempt was unsuccessful. But don't worry I was able to pick it up! All thanks to the 5 second rule... tess can still have her waffles.
  • "I am human, raised by humans" 
    • This is one of my favorite quotes from the CHRISTMAS movie Elf... but it reminds me of some great advice that I got from a mentor of mine..  we are humans... and we can make mistakes!
  •  Asking questions you don't want to hear the answers to.... but you secretly do.
    • This weekend I was asked our van full of adventure campers "Who is having the most fun"... I was assuming that the students would all compete for it to be then... but I had to laugh at myself when I heard a resounding... "YOU! Miss Niemer!"
Let me keep thinking on this list... more certainly is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment