19 December 2011

in response to a request!

I received an email request to see some of the things my students have been working on... Well its FINALS! Hurray! So my First Ever Art Class is coming to a close. 

My final was 25% Written- not by my choice, part of the network final
25% on project or presentation of their choosing... they could present on an artist for 5-7 minutes OR create a piece of art... (mimic the style of an artist OR reproduce a piece of art using different media than the artist did).

AND
50% was another self portrait... These I was UBER excited about. The students turned them in last Tuesday and TOTALLY rocked it! I am SO proud of them!



It all started with a project I did back in the day. A practice in value (shading light to dark), proportion AND most importantly patience! 

The students worked from the same picture that we had taken of them for when they created their wire sculptures. 


They then drew (precision is a MUST) a 1x1cm grid on the image. 

On a blank sheet of paper they drew a 1x1in grid. 

The task was to then go one by one and reproduce,expand and mimic the squares. Here is the one I did based of a magazine advertisement. 

Original Magazine Add.... see how you can see the grid.

My reproduction!

The two next to each other!
The students did FANTASTIC.  Below are two samples of their works in progress. They finished them and turned them in so hopefully I'll think to put up some pictures of the completed ones.


Look how tricky and how well this students did his funny facial expression/eye!

Each students really showed their own "style"

No comments:

Post a Comment