20 June 2011

mil. wonk. ee

I was home. In the great Dairy State for the past week on vacation (what a better place to vacation than milwaukee)!

The week was filled with:
  • eating at a ton of awesome restaurants I LOVE
  • hanging out with my mom and dad (and my brother a bit when he was in town)
  • seeing my godparents
  • making another t-shirt blanket
  • packing up some of my clothes and such to bring more stuff down to Texas (did I mention that I am staying here for another year as an employee?!?)
  • and THEN.... milwaukee got a special guest.... Tomás came to see my town!.... it was AWESOME to show him around the place I know and love... he got to see a lot of neat things and places... such as..
    • the milwaukee lake front/calatrava 
    • George Webbs- Milwaukee famous 24 hour eatery
    • My house!
    • The Tosa Village: Cafe Holander, Leff's Lucky town, YoMama (a new AWESOME frozen yogurt place that opened up) and the Chancery (where we had to hitchhike home due to the rain... thanks to the nice strangers Fran and Lucy for the ride)
    • The Miller Brewery Tour
    • Pat and Fran's house and pool
    • Michael and Katherine's cat Brian!
    • My Aunt Mary and Uncle Clint and cousin Stephan
    • Saint Jude for mass (this was where I went to gradeschool and my dad still volunteers here)!
    • the Firefly restaurant for dinner with my parents and soon to be married Dani and James!
All in all it was an awesome week home.  It was nice to just rest and hang out at my house and around my town... but unfortunately that meant that I didn't do too much adventuring out... I didn't really see any of my friends from back home because I was busy being a "homebody" so... I am SORRY for those who I didn't meet up with... BUT if you will forgive me I will be back in July for a weekend or two (chicago in between).

We took a few photos so I will put those up when I have them AND I have yet to post the photos from the tri so those will be out soon!



Happy Monday back to Madness in the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment