19 October 2011

contour line.

Definition: 


Contour Drawing

Contour drawing shows the outline of the subject, and not the volume or mass of an object. Blind contour drawings are those created by looking only at the subject, and not the paper while drawing.

Continuous. On-Going


Recently my students completed a unit on "line" in my drawing class. For the final piece the students did a project that I did in high school (thanks Mrs. Larscheid for letting me beg, steal and borrow... and for being a great teacher (then) and resource (now)).

The students worked on a self-portrait contour style... BUT with a "twist"

Instead of using pen and paper they used WIRE!

I was SO proud of the kids... they are now on display (a first for our school)!





two big thumbs up
to my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment