21 October 2011

stuck in the moment...

some ruminations on customer service...

so yesterday I went to ace hardware... because my dad loves it in wisco... and mackenzie's dad loves in it houston... and well, because "Ace is the friendly place"

there is SO MUCH truth in that statement.

I had to get a few things... and I walked in an a man greeted me.... with a sincere... "What are you in for... how can we help you"

Usually in shops I say "just looking" but honestly is Ace a place you go to browse (well maybe if you are my dad).

So I asked for help and I received... The man took me to the varnish questions where I had a lot of questions so that was great... then I needed some plexiglass cut so he helped me with that too... well actually he passed it of to John to cut... then he cut a key for me.. while all this is going on... my friend (whose name I later learned is Lee) had me sit in "his sitting chair"... I sat there while my friends at Ace did all this work for me.

I teased Lee about his hidden cookie container in the battery rack next to his chair. He offered me one.

Finally Lee and John finished their thing and sent me on my way (not after a compliment about my eyes... "are you wearing contacts because your eyes cannot be that naturally blue")

I put all my goodies in the trunk of my car. closed it... and naturally realized that my keys were in the truck.

and then I was STUCK.

at this friendly ace.

LUCKILY mackenzie to the rescue with a plan and a AAA membership.

A while and a interesting unlocking contraption later... I was back in the car.

But not before sitting in  "Lee's sitting chair" and some good conversation... it is interesting what you can find out about a person... like they have to sit in a chair because they were hurt in a war, or that they once saved some one's life or that they love just helping people at a hardware store....


Thanks Lee, John, MACKENZIE! and the Ace Hardware crew (and AAA man)... for making lemonade from this lemon!

No comments:

Post a Comment