12 March 2012

riddle ride

Tomás and I adventured and did something called the "Riddle Ride." It was all around the area that my apartment is in... on Washington Avenue!

We started at Candelari's restaurant where we got a list of 8 clues to solve and then ride to where we then took a photo!


Here are the clues.... and our resulting images (not in the order we completed them).

Go to the west end on your bicycles and find a one story gray brick building on the street named after a famous 90s sitcom. 
TIP: one of the characters in the sitcom loved to say... "whoa" 
Take a picture in front saying "whoa"
whoa!



 The largest one of me in in Hebron, Nebraska. There's a place in Houston that adopted my name and added a P-U-B at the end and mat it the place to be.
Take a picture on me!

At porch swing pub.



 I was invented in 1885, back then no one knew how to drive. Through creativity, craftsmanship and imagination I was turned into a piece of art in 1998. Today people from all over come to see the transformation. There is a special place for me here in the heights. 

Take a picture next to this piece of art.
Good looking couple!



Originally known as "The Christian Mission" my founder was known as "The General" and his followers were known as "The Hallelujah Army" Today we save the homeless, the hungry and the destitute in every corner of the world.

Take a picture saluting the building at attention.
Ja Ja Ja.



 I am a great cafe in Houston if you're French speaking, Belgian beer drinking, mussel eating cyclist. 
Take a picture next to your bike curling your French Mustaches.
The broken spoke cafe.



 Find the Trinity at the corner of two streets named after two dead presidents. 
TIP one of them was a president of THE Republic of Texas
Trinity Church at the corner of Houston and Washington.



What is the most enjoyable way to make your house energy efficient? Drinking 50,000 cans of beer of course. Find the most energy efficient house on the street named after a famous Utah Jazz basketball player.

The beer can house!



I can be found in San Diego as a former Naval Base, but you can also find me in Houston on Washington Ave. The sum of my numerical address is 4.
Take a picture of me playing a game of... you'll see once you get there!

At Liberty Station!


So we made it! And it was the first time I rode my bike!!! Sadly you can't see Ira (my bike) in any of the photos but she is a beauty and rides pretty great too.

In the end we took 24th out of 400 teams which is pretty good considering we showed up late, and people had started biking when we were still checking in! 

Ride on.

No comments:

Post a Comment