07 September 2010

Happiness only real when shared..

This is a phrase I always love and think of and it's funny the way its relevance has changed since I have moved from my two different homes of Boston and Milwaukee to this brand new, blisteringly hot, devoutly southern place known as Houston.

In moving to a new city I find that I obviously know less people. So who am I supposed to "share" in this "happiness" with.  My world at this time is a bit smaller than it used to be.  I live with 5 other people (ah I miss the 12 of Edmonds 2nd floor) and I work in an office in which I spend most my times with 2 other people!

But though my world might be smaller I find that happiness is still only found when shared (even if it's with the same people or strangers/ acquaintances).  I find I participate more fully in conversations and interactions with all people I meet from bus drivers, to principal, to student running late (which today the dean of students told me that I have a great "mean" voice).  At times I miss the depth of my relationships from the people I would see every day (my longest friend here I have known for 28 days) but it's a fun adventure I am embarking upon.  Sharing in happiness with the beautiful people who cross my path in Houston!

  I find  that there is a special beauty in being removed from my closest most important people and jumping into a new place with so much potential for new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment