28 September 2010

may the road rise to meet you...

the roads of Texas will now have a new car in town! as my parents brought in my little red car to aid in my adventures in Houston.. 

  • practical jokes are weird/ineffective when EVERYONE is in on it. 
    • so my mom spent all of Saturday looking around her brother's house in Austin for the car keys (of the car they had just brought down for me). She looked everywhere and spent a good part of the day doing so.  My dad started to retrace her steps and serve as a second set of eyes for the keys... no such luck.... until hours later my dad find the keys in.... his pockets! my uncle steve pointed out that it wasn't a very effective practical joke if it had my dad crawling around in search of the keys.
  • Where does one find the best pizza in Houston? 
    • With my parents in town and NOT on the JVC stipend/simple living, they were able to treat me and my roommates to Pizza... but having lived here a month on a budget where going out for pizza doesn't rank high on the list, I had no clue where to order from.  The solution... I walked into a gas station and asked the clerk where I could find the best pizza.... well he was REALLY confused my by question... BUT a friendly fellow costumer chimed in and sent us to Gotham Pizza.... it was great (but to be honest any Pizza would have ranked highly on my list since I hadn't had it in so long)!
  • Arguments with furniture are rarely productive
    • this morning as I walk about our house in pitch black circa 5:45, I hit my leg into our hallway cupboard.  This is a daily occurrence in which I am reminded that though arguments with furniture are rarely productive, they can produce bruises.
  • And I leave you today with some office ongoings/ shenanigans.... following, let's just say an incident, that happened this morning, I sent out the following email...
"I wanted to bring to everyone's attention an urgent facilities matter.

It appears that sometime during this morning someone came into the Corporate Work Study office and littered my desk and trashed my computer.  I am appalled that this would happened at such a fine institution. 

I have cleaned up the garbage but please see the attached image as a record of the event."


1 comment: