09 January 2012

cake pops

You probably know that I don't have too many talents when it comes to working in the Kitchen... But when it comes to the artsier-bakier- things... well then count me in. 

Two new gadgets have now joined our apartment Kitchen. 

The first was a cupcake maker I received at our staff Christmas Party white elephant gift exchange. I truly love it and I have already made some fun treats...


AND for Christmas I got this SUPER neat CAKE POP maker! I have made some pretty awesome treats and have had a lot of fun experimenting with the recipe suggestions and decorating techniques. I made a bunch on Christmas Day and some more for New Years and I thought I would break down the Process a bit for you. 

First I made the batter. Ive tried out a French Breakfast Roll... it was incredible... It was basically a warm doughnut that I rolled in butter and then cinnamon sugar. I made a red velvet cake ball and then for new years I tried out vanilla and wacky cake (family recipe) too. 

After I made the batter I put it in a ziplock bag and cut the corner to make it easier to get the batter into the cake pop openings!

See it looks just like a waffle maker!



Then they cook! It kinda varies in time but usually between 5-7 minutes. And voila they are done!I take them out with this little prong thing that came with the kit (they are pretty hot) and put them on a plate to cool. 


These are the red velvet ones I made for Christmas.
After I was done cake-pop-ing away I put the pop balls into the refrigerator for awhile to make sure they were cool. The next step is the fun part! The actual decorating... !!!

To decorate I used various things... Sometimes I used frosting (warmed it up a bit) but then I discovered Candy Melts which are little candies that you can melt in the microwave to then use to dip the cake balls in!

But before any of this decorating goes down I had to put the lollipop stick in the cake pop... Over time I learned a great trick to first dab the stick into candy melt THEN put the stick into the cake pop.... After letting it sit for a minute or two (maybe in the cold)... I then decorated!


This was the red velvet cake pop being dipped in cream cheese frosting!
See look how neat they look!

No comments:

Post a Comment